Play the Song

Monday, March 9, 2009

Mana's Challenge

Ok, Family,
Here is the challenge (like we did several years ago.) I'd like to ask you all to write another Triolet (I THINK that's what we did last time. You know my memory! Anyway, here it is:

It's an eight-line poem -- Make each line eight syllables(That's easy)
The first line is repeated as the 4th line AND the 7th line
The second line is repeated as the 8th (final) line.
Lines 3 and 5 must rhyme with the 1st line
Line 6 must rhyme with the 2nd line.

Everyone did so well last time, I can't wait to see what you can do!
Love and Blessings,
Mana

EXAMPLES:

1. Slumbering eyes drift off to dream
2. Transported to a world unseen
3. Where all is not as it may seem.(rhymes with dream)
4. Slumbering eyes drift off to dream.
5. Rivers run with marshmallow cream,rhymes with dream)
6. Fields of candy from which to glean.(rhymes with unseen)
7. Slumbering eyes drift off to dream,
8. Transported to a world unseen


This is little Madilynn's:

Triolet for Madilynn

1.I held a miracle today,
2. short moments after she was born.
3. God blessed us in this lovely way.(rhymes with today)
4. I held a miracle today.
5. Bright eyes looked up as if to say,(rhymes with today)
6. "Hello to all, this joyous morn!"(rhymes with born)
7. I held a miracle today,
8. short moments after she was born.

No comments: